[Kolab-devel] Amavisd configuration error?

Gelpi Andrea liste at gelpi.it
Tue Feb 17 17:15:32 CET 2009

Hi,
	on kolab server 2.2.0 perhaps I found a configuration error in amavisd.

In /kolab/etc/kolab/template/amavisd.conf.template the are the following lines:

$virus_admin = "virusalert\@$mydomain";

. . .

$mailfrom_notify_admin     = "virusalert\@$mydomain";
$mailfrom_notify_recip     = "virusalert\@$mydomain";

When a virus arrives amavisd try to send a mail to virusalert@$mydomain, but the from and to
fields are the same.

The result is:

This is the mail system at host dafnen.gelpi.it.

                    The mail system

<virusalert at gelpi.it>: service unavailable. Command output: Failed to set
     recipient: Mailbox unknown.  Either there is no mailbox associated with
     this name or you do not have authorization to see it. 5.1.1 User unknown,
     code=550, original code 550

I check the distribution list and it is correctly defined.

The solution is to modify /kolab/etc/kolab/template/amavisd.conf.template
changing $virus_admin to the same value I put in distribution list.

To reproduce you have to edit:

/kolab/etc/postfix/aliases

and modify the line

root:                  /dev/null

with a real mailbox or you can't see the error.

--
ing. Andrea Gelpi
La Terra non la abbiamo ereditata dai nostri avi,