[Kolab-devel] Failing php tests for kolab

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Feb 11 10:52:12 CET 2009

Quoting Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl>:

> Hi,
>
> Op maandag 09 februari 2009 17:37:33 schreef Gunnar Wrobel:
>> > Tests seem to fail because the file Horde/Kolab/Test.php is not present;
>> > What module provides the file Horde/Kolab/Test.php?
>>
>> That file has been removed. I think some of the tests need to be fixed
>> upstream. I hope to be able to look at that soon.
>
> That would be nice, as it gives a good indication about the
> installed packages
> (good or bad).

I actually intend to do way more than this in the long run. Currently
the tests are testing the base integrity of the packages and use some
mockup LDAP and IMAP classes that simulate the backend provided by the
Kolab Server.

After fixing these basic tests I would like to extend them with real
Server tests that you should be able to run to test the Server
functionality of a correctly bootstrapped machine.

The final step would be selenium based frontend test for the web
client. I currently intend to support the web client version we
currently use for the next two or three years so these tests would be
extremely handy for automatic checking when we add new patches.

Let's how long it takes me to get there :)

>> > A test complains that the class Horde_Kolab_IMAP is not present;
>> > What module provides the class Horde_Kolab_IMAP?
>> >
>> > A test complains that the class Horde_Kolab_Server is not present;
>> > What module provides the class Horde_Kolab_Server?
>> >  Is this package
>> > http://pear.horde.org/index.php?package=Horde_Kolab_Server required?  The
>> > same question for Horde_Kolab_Format  (those 2
>> > packages seem to
>> > he superseeded by just kolab_format and kolab_server, hence my question
>> > about the ones prefixed with Horde_*).
>>
>> The Horde_Kolab_* packages are indeed deprecated. Only the Kolab_*
>> ones are relevant.
>
> Is the same reply valid as you made before, that you may have a look at it
> soon?

I won't do anything concerning this. The Horde_Kolab_* packages are
deprecated and there is not much more to say about this :)

>> > A test fails because due to the method Horde_Kolab_Server_test::unbind;
>> > What module provides the method Horde_Kolab_Server_test::unbind
>> >
>> > What about the module Kolab
>> > http://pear.horde.org/index.php?package=Kolab
>> > Is this needed as well (long time not updated)?
>>
>> It is only needed within the webclient for backwards compatibility.
>> Otherwise it is deprecated and will get removed within Horde 4.
>
> Ah I see.  I did not arrive at packaging the webclient yet.  Might I conclude
> from the non failing tests that my current installation of the kolab packages
> from pear.horde.org and their required horde modules is okay?  It looks like
> many tests are pass and the tests that fail do fail because the test is to be
> updated, is that correct?

Yes. If most tests succeed you should indeed be fine.

> If this is really true I can go on to the next
> hurdle like installation kolab-webadmin and kolabd :)

Good luck ;)

Cheers,

Gunnar