[Kolab-devel] Kolab Server/Debian where to report issues? - and some news about annotatemore

Mathieu Parent math.parent at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 10:46:54 CET 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 9:02 AM, Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> wrote:
> Mathieu,
>
> On Montag, 9. Februar 2009, Mathieu Parent wrote:
>> > and if there is a group being actively about it?
>>
>> We, the maintainers of "Debian-native Kolab" packages, are in a team
>> (<http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/pkg-kolab>). Currently, I am the only
>> regular committer (help is appreciated), but there are several testers
>> (thanks!).
>
> I saw the team and I appreciate your work!
> So a big THANK YOU! :)

You're welcome

> Given that you are on kolab-devel@ I think a few of the most
> active people from your team should be here to coordinate.
> Kolab-devel@ is the highest coordination list we currently have.

Agree

> About the team label, are you aiming for full "Kolab" (including the KDE Kolab
> Client, the Webclient and the Kolab Server)?
> I am trying to be more precise about this, because the Kolab solution requires
> smart clients to work as a groupware solution.
> So it would be coll to call the server "Kolab Server" most of the time.

Here is the current state of kolab related packages in Debian:

The pkg-kolab team is maintaining kolab-cyrus (cyrus 2.2 with kolab
patches), kolab server (including kolab-webadmin), kolabadmin (seems
to be unmaintained upstream) and kolab-webclient. So it is "Kolab
server" and "Kolab web client".

The 'Debian Qt/KDE Maintainers' is maintaining kdepim (version 3.5.9
and 4.2.0 currently, see
<http://packages.qa.debian.org/k/kdepim.html>). This is not the kolab
branch, so as for kolab-webclient, some features are missing. The
pkg-kolab mailing list is the good place to talk about these missing
features to coordinate effort.

The 'Thunderbird Plugin: SyncKolab' is not packaged in debian, but it
is easy to install, as an addon.

Also, uw-imap libc-client and php5-map are not patched for annotations
(see http://bugs.debian.org/456947 and http://bugs.debian.org/456591),
kolab code is falling back to slower PEAR code. As the RFC
annotatemore is now a proposed standard
(<http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/pipermail/rfc-dist/2009-February/002184.html>),
it may be implemented upstream soon.

The php-imap 'myright' patch is not included in Debian (please vote
for http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=43948). There is no bug in Debian
BTS, TODO.

Postfix is up to date.

perl-ldap (libnet-ldap-perl) is up to date in unstable (not in lenny).

>> I have updated some pages on the kolab wiki about how to report
>> problems in native packages:
>> <https://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Problem_reporting> is the entry
>> point, and links to
>> <https://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Debian_-_Problem_reporting>.