[Kolab-devel] [issue3393] kolab install on Debian 4.0 fails

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Sat Feb 7 17:08:55 CET 2009

Op zaterdag 07 februari 2009 16:46:20 schreef Christian Böttger:
> Enter fully qualified hostname of slave kolab server e.g.
> thishost.domain.tld [empty when done]:
> prepare LDAP database...
> temporarily starting slapd
> Could not start temporary slapd at ./kolab_bootstrap line 437.
> kolab:/usr/share/kolabd#
>
> How to proceed?

Hack the kolab_bootstrap script to determine the call to start slapd (so that
will be around line 437, or just read the script and determine the arguments
your exit.  At that point start slapd bug with (-d 255 (full debug)).
Hopefully, this tells you what goes wrong (perhaps you can also add -d 255 to
the slapd call).  It is also possible to increase the log_level in kolab.conf.
I hope that you get an idea what you can at this point.

--
Richard