[Kolab-devel] Fwd: Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.16 Released

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Tue Dec 22 20:54:36 CET 2009

Hi Martin,

Op dinsdag 22 december 2009 10:33:27 schreef Martin Konold:
> he Kolab specific annotations patch has finally be accepted with Cyrus.
>
> This means yet another step towards reducing the number of patches.
>
> While today the Kolab Server 2.2.3 RC1 was released I would like to discuss
>  if  we want to use Cyrus Imapd 2.3.16 instead of 2.3.13.
>
> On one hand this could delay the release of Kolab 2.2.3 but on the other
>  hand  the current 2.2.3 stuff is not tested much anyway.
>
> Cyrus Imapd 2.3.16 contains multiple skiplist and bdb fixes and decreasing
>  the  amount of Kolab specific patches is always a major goal.

This are the changes to the Cyrus IMAP Server since 2.3.15:
- Added user_deny.db to be able to selectively deny users access to Cyrus
services.
- Added disconnect_on_vanished_mailbox option. See imapd.conf(5) for details
- Reworked SQL detection code in configure. See install-upgrade.html for more
details.
- Added popuseimapflags option which enables setting and obeying IMAP flags in
the POP server.
- Added optimized method of handling an empty maildrop in pop3d. Requires
statuscache to be enabled. (based on work of Cyril Servant )
- Added annotation_definitions option for specifying external (third-party)
annotations. (courtesy of Thomas Viehmann )
- Added sync_compress option to compress replication traffic
- Added user_folder_limit option to limit the number of folders a non-admin
user is allowed to create.
- Added -x option to cyr_expire to disable expunge
- Track idle state so a shutdown doesn't leave idled killing random other
processes on a busy system
- Fix missing closedir() - bug #3159 (thanks Simon Matter)
- Make Cyrus compile with older GCC (thanks Simon Matter)

I don't see a reference to kolab related patches, not to skiplist
improvements.

In the changelog toward 2.3.15 there is a reference to skiplist:
- Fixed a skiplist foreach bug and various datatype size issues that caused
problems on some 64 bit architectures

It looks like the kolab related patches will be available in cyrus-2.3.17.

--
Richard