[Kolab-devel] Fwd: Introducing OpenPKG 4.x

Mathieu Parent math.parent at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 13:37:13 CET 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Alex Potter <alex at ap-consulting.co.uk> wrote:
> On Friday 11 Dec 2009 08:52:01 Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
>> I think we should start discussing the different available options on
>> the list so that we get an overview on the different options including
>> their pros and cons.
>>

> Writing as the administrator of our family email system, I'd be very unhappy
> at a move away from the current licensing model for kolab.

As I understand, the Kolab devs don't want to change the licensing
model of Kolab.

> Do you have any idea of the installed base, apart from the ones you support
> directly, of course?
>
> Here, the systems are debian-based. My openpkg 'live' system is on ubuntu
> 8.04, and I'm currently installing kolab on Debian squeeze using the native
> packages, so far without success.

For the Debian native package, report your problems as bugs
(bugs.debian.org) or ask on the mailing list pkg-kolab as you have
already done for other (resolved) problems. It didn't appeared that
you have "no success", so please report!