[Kolab-devel] Kontact enterprise 3.5 for Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy)

Christopher Bertels christopher.bertels at intevation.de
Fri Aug 21 15:11:10 CEST 2009

Hello,

It's me again. I just wanted to inform you a little about my current progress
with packaging Kontact for Ubuntu/Kubuntu. Today I've uploaded a first
version to http://files.kolab.org/apt/ubuntu/ .
I've tested them as described here:
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kontact_Test_Plan
and it seems to work pretty well (only one test failed - but that even might
be due to me doing something wrong - will investigate that again later).
If anyone here reading this is using Ubuntu and would like to try it out, go
ahead, I'd like to hear some external feedback. I guess, it could also work
with newer versions, but I only have tested it with Ubuntu's
Long-Term-Support version 8.04 (Hardy).
This is still somewhat experimental, so don't use it in production
environments.

If you're willing to try it out, simply add this to your sources.list:

deb http://files.kolab.org/apt/ubuntu hardy experimental
deb-src http://files.kolab.org/apt/ubuntu hardy experimental

Greetings,
Christopher.