[Kolab-devel] Kolab connector for Mac OS

Tyrell Berry tyrell.berry at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 18:27:38 CEST 2009

I am going to have to check it out...   Maybe over the weekend.

SyncML seems to be the way to do the sync with iPhone, if anyone ever
implements support for custom fields.   If Apple is somehow preventing that
(I havn't looked...), then I may be stuck getting a MobileMe account.

I will report what I find this weekend.

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Gelpi Andrea <liste at gelpi.it> wrote:

> Tyrell Berry ha scritto:
> > Thank you for the support.   As I stated before, I don't have a plan
> > that directly supports the iPhone (Yet...   Once I got a mac solution
> > working pretty well, I might further investigate the iPhone directly).
> > My solution only suggested a connector that provides complete
> > syncability between Mac OS's native clients and Kolab.
> >
> > That being said, I have been researching Apple's Sync Services pretty
> > extensively.  I have read the programming guide, and have looked at a
> > bunch of sample code that I am hoping to recycle a bit.  Xcode requires
> > a bit more RAM than I have in my old iBook, but as soon as that is taken
> > care of, I will actually begin coding.
>
> Today I looked funambol on Apple Store and I founded also Synthesis SyncML.
>
> One application's snapshot has this frase on it:
>
> (Calendar) Apple does not allow third party applications to access calendar
> yet.
>
> Another application Todo+Calc+Sync from Synthesis says:
>
> The integrated SyncML client allows syncronizing task, calendar (and also
> the address book) with
> any SyncML compliant server or service.
>
> At the moment I cannot investigate more on it (I only have kolab 2.2.0 and
> I need to upgrade to
> 2.2.2 before testing anything).
>
> Has someone more informations on this?
>
> My idea is to try one of these applications to sync my iphone with kolab
> and then sync it with
> my mac via iTunes. Last step is working very well ... of course.
>

> --
>  ing. Andrea Gelpi
> La Terra non la abbiamo ereditata dai nostri avi,
> ma la abbiamo presa in prestito dai nostri bambini.

Tyrell Berry