[Kolab-devel] KDE Client: events, invitations and several folders trouble

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Aug 14 17:15:13 CEST 2009

Looks like our current KDE Clients - especially enterprise35 - can lead to
some unwanted behaviour in the situations where a client sees the same event
from within several folders it can write.

This is something client development is struggling with and the problem is not
easy. In the last two weeks, people following the e35 development will have
noticed that we did a lot of improvements in that area (overall e35
development has been quite fast).

We are trying to sort out the problems and find the conceptual good solutions.
I have not been successful yet, but I attach a small overview with some
thought and relations of some technical issues that have been battled
currently.

One solution idea is to save per event the user email addresses for which this
saved object is maintained for. But this has not been fully considered in all
cases.

I will sync up with Till next and guess that I really need to start a wiki
page to slowly sort out the whole situation.

Bernhard

[1] A good place to see the overal progress is the Newslog.txt for e35:
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/kdepim/enterprise/kdepim/NewsLog.txt?revision=HEAD&view=markup