[Kolab-devel] Automatically built KDEPIM packages now published on files.kolab.org

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Apr 30 08:42:23 CEST 2009

Am Dienstag, 28. April 2009 20:08:07 schrieb Bernhard Herzog:
> We've automated the build system a bit more, and the
> newest automatically built packages are now available on files.kolab.org.
>
> IMPORTANT: These are packages are automatically built from SVN development
> snapshots and have seen no quality-control whatsoever.  They are useful for
> testing but are NOT usable for production use.

ATTENTION: They could potentially contain malicious code, so use them only for
development testing purposes.

The reason is our build process: between drop candidates developers are free
to completely destroy the code base to get it back for the weekly drop
candidate. The saegewerk will also build those broken versions!

In addition KDE offers write access to their source repository for a lot of
people, if someone checks in malicious code, it will be automatically build
and published within the snapshots. So check the difference to the last
trusted version before using a snapshot.
For the drop candidates, developers are doing this, so the weekly drop
candidates are a lot better.

Bernhard