[Kolab-devel] [issue3567] Migrate Horde prefs 2.2.0 -> 2.2.1

Albrecht Dreß kolab-issues at intevation.de
Fri Apr 17 18:01:11 CEST 2009

New submission from Albrecht Dreß <albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com>:

As Horde in Kolab 2.2.1 uses a different backend for storing the preferences it
should come with a tool to migrate them from 2.2.0 (LDAP storage).

I started with that task, and the attached script can be used to dump the
preferences of all users which have a 'hordePerson' objectClass into separate
files.  I should add at this point that I have no experience in php programming,
so the script is probably really ugly...

Now I need an other script for 2.2.1 which does the opposite, i.e. auth as
manager, read the prefs file(s), and let Horde store that data.  However, I
already failed with writing a 10-liner which creates an Auth object from the
command line...  Maybe one of the gurus can provide me with an example for that?

Thanks in advance, Albrecht.

files: kolab220-get-prefs.php
messages: 19719
nosy: albrecht.dress
priority: feature
status: unread
title: Migrate Horde prefs 2.2.0 -> 2.2.1
topic: web client
<https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3567>