[Kolab-devel] [issue3066] Unnecessary encryption key check when sending signed.

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Wed Sep 24 09:09:49 CEST 2008

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

Kontact: 1.2.9 (enterprise35 20080908.858460)
Etch 3.5.9.enterprise.0.20080908.858460-kk1

I have an email address which goes to a mailinglist for which
I sometimes encrypt. So I have entered this email address,
let's call it team at example.com in my list of contacts
and selected several encryption keys in the encryption settings.
Also there is no preferred setting for encryption and "try to always sign"
configured for this contact entry.

When know sending an email to the list unencrypted, sometimes as carbon copy,
I get a dialog that some of the keys are not trustworthy and whether I would
want to abort or continue. This question should not come as it does not make
sense, because I do not want to encrypt.
Also no matter if I press abort or continue, the email gets send as far
as I can see.

Ludwig, can you try to reproduce and give a more concise recipe
for reproduction?

assignedto: ludwig
messages: 16768
nosy: bernhard, emanuel, ludwig, till, vkrause
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Unnecessary encryption key check when sending signed.
topic: kde client, prokde35