[Kolab-devel] external-horde-cvs.sh removed

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Mon Sep 22 11:57:39 CEST 2008

Quoting Mike Gabriel <m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de>:

> hi gunnar,
>
> can you give a short info on how to create a snapshot of kolab's horde
> version (kolab-webclient snapshot so to say...). till now i used the
> external-horde-cvs.sh script that you have moved to the Attic on the
> 18th September 2008.

The script was primarily removed as it was outdated. We are currently
still discussing if we want to support this installation variant but
it looks like the recommended setup for an external web client will be
a second, nearly complete Kolab Server. While the external-horde.sh
script is more flexible it won't be easy to control many of the
necessary parameters on the external web server and so the chance for
failure is quite high.

> any hint is welcome!!!
>
> or is it also possible just to use horde-cvs? are there any patches
> that are in the kolab-webclient but not in horde's cvs (HEAD)?

The recommended way of installing Horde for Kolab is to download the
horde-webmail package and patch it with the corresponding patch in
Kolab CVS.

The new package definition for kolab-webclient
(http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/server/kolab-webclient/kolab-webclient.spec) should basically tell you what you need to
do.

I guess I won't continue to provide a direct snapshot of my
development efforts as that is too prone to failure when used by
somebody else. Working on base of a release candidate is easier.

It is still possible to follow my day-to-day development on
http://hg.pardus.de/cgi-bin/hg.cgi/horde/HORDE/. The patches in there
apply to Horde CVS most of the time. Problem is that you need to be
familiar with Mercurial and its patch queue management to understand
how I work with the different branches there.

Cheers,

Gunnar

> thanks a lot,
> mike
>

> --
>
> das netzwerkteam
> mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
> fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419
> mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de
> freeBusy:
> https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg