[Kolab-devel] Enhancing Kolab decision making(re: Is it okay to commit the samba patch to cvs?)

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Sat Sep 20 12:17:53 CEST 2008

Op Friday 19 September 2008 13:44:44 schreef Gunnar Wrobel:
> > Next is the slapd.conf.template; 2 schema's have to be included,
> > some indexing
> > keys are defined and new acl's are added.  The latter can be achieved
> > when kolab is going to use the new openldap configuration method (what is
> > it called Real Time Configuration, I believe).  The plugin openldap stuff
> > can just be dumped in the RTC openldap directory.  I don't believe that
> > the plugin additions can be easily added to the current slapd.conf file.
>
> Why not? I don't know at the moment if the "include" statement in
> slapd.conf would allow something like "include
> /etc/openldap/plugins/*.conf".

It does not seem to be possible (this is for openldap-2.3)

# /usr/lib/openldap/slapd -h
ldap://127.0.0.1:389/ -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf -u ldap -g ldap -d 255
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.3.37 (Nov  8 2007 03:04:49) $
reading config file /etc/openldap/slapd.conf
line 19 (include /etc/openldap/schema/*.schema)
could not stat config file "/etc/openldap/schema/*.schema": No such file or
directory (2)
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 19: <include> handler exited with 1!
slapd destroy: freeing system resources.
slapd stopped.

and
line 94 (include /etc/openldap/*.access)
could not stat config file "/etc/openldap/*.access": No such file or directory
(2)
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 94: <include> handler exited with 1!

line 202 (include /etc/openldap/*.replicas)
could not stat config file "/etc/openldap/*.replicas": No such file or
directory (2)
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 202: <include> handler exited with 1!

--
Richard Bos
We are borrowing the world of our children,