[Kolab-devel] RFC next kolab server version 2.3 and 2.2.1?

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Mon Oct 27 15:28:07 CET 2008

Quoting Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl>:

> Bernard,

>> On the roadmap are only minor changes from the users
>> (aka Kolab Server Admin) perspective.

>> > Yes, you convinced me, too.
>> >
>> > 2.3 would be better. Bernhard, Thomas?
>>
>> Ideally 2.2.1 would just go in very smoothly on an update
>> and this is the version I hope we get which would also warrent that
>> particular version number.
>
> Forget the Ideally word in your sentence above.  The current situation is
> quite messy.  At the moment I can't do a testbuild for openSUSE at all
> because I have no idea what I need to package, as I have no idea what has
> been moved and to which module it has been moved.  That very much
> contradicts "go in very smoothly on an update" above.

I believe Bernhard has been referring to the functional aspects of the
Kolab Server and we do indeed hope that this will be very smooth
transition on the OpenPKG version.

> I understood that with the current situation the kolabconf package has been
> integrated in the perl-kolab package.  This means that on package level a
> whole package is gone, and special rules have to be added the perl-kolab
> package to obsoletes the kolabconf package.  That is only one example,
> besides the many others I have given before.

If you had a clean perl rpm spec for perl-kolab all you need to do is
to remove the kolabconf package.

I am using the language specific packaging methods where ever I can.
This means packaging for you platform should actually get easier not
more complex.

Cheers,

Gunnar