[Kolab-devel] [issue3176] "Request Response" OFF only partially honoured by Kontact

T. Ribbrock kolab-issues at intevation.de
Wed Oct 22 12:09:23 CEST 2008

New submission from T. Ribbrock <itsef-admin at brightsight.com>:

When creating an event with attendees, I can choose to switch "request response"
off for an attendee. Unfortunately, this setting is only partially honoured by
Kontact: The recipient still gets the standard invitation mail with "Accept",
"Accept Cond." etc., however, if "Accept" is clicked, no mail is sent back to
the organiser (which is as expeected).

This is quite confusing for the recipient, as he has no way of seeing from the
mail that the invitation is "informational" only and that no action of his is
required. I would expect that the invitation mail in this case only contains
something like "Enter this into my calendar" - but not all the standard options.

The situation is even worse when inviting a server side mailing list: In this
case, the recipient *will* get the dialog where he needs to confirm his identity
*and* a mail *is* sent to the organiser - despite having not requested one. This
is most likely related to issue3170.

Versions:
Kolab 2.1
kontact --version
Qt: 3.3.8b
KDE: 3.5.10
Kontact: 1.2.9 (enterprise35 20080919.862683)
(Kubuntu 8.04)

P.S.: I seem to remember that a similar bug report was filed at some time in the
past, but I cannot find it - apologies if this is a duplicate.

messages: 17271
nosy: itsef_admin
priority: bug
status: unread
title: "Request Response" OFF only partially honoured by Kontact
topic: enterprise35, kde client