[Kolab-devel] [issue3166] ClamAV clutters up space in /kolab/share/clamav

Saim Kim kolab-issues at intevation.de
Mon Oct 20 17:15:41 CEST 2008

New submission from Saim Kim <s.kim at hia.rwth-aachen.de>:

Hello,

today my kolab 2.2 system stopped working: Every time a new appointment was
created a user would receive an IMAP error stating that the server is out of
memory. A quick check showed, that the harddisk was at the limit. The reason was
the /kolab/share/clamav folder. It was filled with almost 40 GB of data named
"clamav-alphanumericnumbers" of a size between 4 kB and 4 MB. It seems that
everytime freshclam updates the virus db, it forgets to clean up -slowly filling
the harddisk.

A quick answer from the clamav mailinglist was to just delete those files since
freshclam would download the files it needs during the automatic update check.
This helped me to solve the problem. Nevertheless, this seems to be a bug to me.

Best regards,
Saim

messages: 17209
nosy: sojakim
priority: bug
status: unread
title: ClamAV clutters up space in /kolab/share/clamav