[Kolab-devel] CeBIT Open Source: Linux Magazine and Linux Foundation Announce Call for Projects - Linux Magazine Online

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Nov 18 18:02:25 CET 2008

On Freitag, 17. Oktober 2008, Richard Bos wrote:
> > > I don't know if
> > > the Konsortium will apply for a free booth but I expect them to be
> > > there in any case.
> >
> > The Kolab community could, but the problem is that we need to staff the
> > booth for the time of the trade show, which means a significant effort.
> > CeBIT tends to be quite expensive.
>
> How many days is Cebit normally, I believe it is around 7 days (Wednesday
> till Wednesday), isn't it?

They might have shortened it a bit to 6 days,
www.cebit.de has 3rd to 8th of March in 2009.

> When the konsortium is there, is that not
> enough for kolab?  What could a community booth add to that (the
> konsortium)?

This is what I was trying to say: For the Kolab-Konsortium this is
a lot of work, so we are probably not doing it, unless we can staff
the booth.

Also we might not apply for a gratis booth, as we are a commercial entity
(doing Free Software - that is, even most "expert"-magazines do not understand
this fine line).

Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)