[Kolab-devel] Running Kolab2/OpenPKG-2.2 on Amazon EC2 (was: Kolab in the clouds)

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Mon Nov 17 08:32:26 CET 2008

Quoting Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de>:

> Quoting Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:
>
>> On Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2008, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
>>> The current one is AMI "ami-6e2eca07" and I update the thread once
>>> I  publish others.
>>
>> This might warrent a new wiki page to keep the overview and the
>> instructions. :)
>
> Yes, will do that once I have a 2.2 image. I'll write down some
> instructions on how to use the images then.

I generated a Kolab2/OpenPKG-2.2 server image which is available with
the ID "ami-c910f4a0".

In addition I created instructions on how to get a Kolab server up and
running in 10 minutes. See

https://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_on_Amazons_EC2

Please note that this is really only meant for testing purposes. As
far as I know most of Amazons EC2 network is black listed as spammers
like the possibility to start up a virtual machine and send a few mails.

A question to the developer crowd: Is there significant interest in
having a pre-release Kolab-Server-2.2.1 on EC2?

Cheers,

Gunnar