[Kolab-devel] [issue3233] Archiving and deletion of old calender entries does not work

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Thu Nov 13 10:03:52 CET 2008

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

I have 99 emails in my "Kalender" folder.
Deleting and archiving old calender entries does not work on Windows.
a) deletion is confirmed, but events just stay there
b) trying to open a new file for achiving is not allowed
   by the file dialog, as it want to "open" an existing file

(There are several accounts and event folders configured.)

Kontact Version 1.3 (enterprise4 0.20081027.876316) Windows
kdelibs-4.1-branch 877805
kdepimlibs-branch  877821
kdepim-branch      883540
l10n-kde4-branch   877770.

I am trying to delete the entries. So I use in the calender view
the File -> Archive Old Entries (or so) function.
Selecting a few days in the future, to get all appointments
and "delete only". I get a dialog that asks me if I really want to delete.
Yes! *rumble* *rumble* dialgo gone, appointments still there.
Trying again: No appointment found in the given time.
Closing and restarting Kontact, now I can do it again from the beginning.

assignedto: till
messages: 17568
nosy: bernhard, ludwig, till, vkrause
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Archiving and deletion of old calender entries does not work
topic: kde client, kowi