[Kolab-devel] gunnar: server/perl-kolab Makefile.PL, 1.8, 1.9 perl-kolab.spec, 1.104, 1.105

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Sat Nov 8 08:59:14 CET 2008

Quoting Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl>:

> Hi,
>
> Op Friday 07 November 2008 19:58:10 schreef cvs at kolab.org:
>> +    for SBIN in kolabd kolabcheckperm kolabconf kolab_bootstrap;
>> do                    +      mv $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{l_prefix}/bin/$SBIN
>> $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{l_prefix}/sbin/$SBIN;  +      chmod 744
>> $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{l_prefix}/sbin/$SBIN;                                 +
>>      sed -i -e "s#/bin/$SBIN#/sbin/$SBIN#" perl-openpkg-files;
>>                   +    done
>
> can't this be done in the Makefile?

It can, but I admit I didn't think long enough about this in the first
round. Thanks for the comment.

> Now every packager has to take care of
> this, while it is better if 'make install' would store the files in sbin.

Indeed, I violated my ideas of clean packages here.

> What's the limation of perl's packaging system to prevent files to be stored
> in /sbin?

It is not so much a limitation of perls packaging system as the way
OpenPKG uses this. The perl-wrapper within OpenPKG calls "make
pure_install" rather than "make install". I don't know why exactly but
there is probably a reason for that. This makes it more difficult to
extend the Makefile with additional install targets - something that
is support by the perl packaging system.

But I can work around that and added a few special lines for OpenPKG
which are probably not needed on other distros if "make install" is
called - Gentoo's perl-wrapper does this.

Cheers,

Gunnar