[Kolab-devel] [issue3221] Accessing foreign folders elicits PHP Notice: Unknown: Permission denied

Gunnar Wrobel kolab-issues at intevation.de
Fri Nov 7 17:54:02 CET 2008

New submission from Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:

>From Thomas in issue3074:

Triggering on a calendar folder without admin rights with issue3074.patch
applied on a plain 2.2.0 server works fine (and breaks again if I revert the patch).

But I have noticed that /kolab/var/kolab-freebusy/log/php-error.log logs the
following error when the other user triggers:
PHP Notice:  Unknown: Permission denied (errflg=2) in Unknown on line 0

-----

Note by wrobel:

getACL() in Kolab_Storage/lib/Horde/Kolab/Storage/Folder.php calls
$acl = $imap->getACL($this->name) unconditionally. The call will fail if we
don't have admin rights on the folder. So we should probably always call
getMyRights instead and only follow with getACL if we really have admin rights.
This would mean two instead of one IMAP access.

We could also try to suppress the error message in the getACL call.

assignedto: wrobel
messages: 17477
nosy: bernhard, thomas, wilde, wrobel
priority: minor bug
status: unread
title: Accessing foreign folders elicits PHP Notice:  Unknown: Permission denied
topic: web client