[Kolab-devel] Strange mails in Calendar after Palm sync problems (proko35)

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at brightsight.com
Thu May 22 16:33:27 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I thought as this is about proko35, I'll post it on kolab-devel rather than
kolab-user...

I just upgraded from the proko2.1.11 client on SuSE 10.0 to proko35 788244 on
Kubuntu 8.04. There were several glitches during the upgrade[0], one of which
made me rebuild the complete Calendar folder ("Troubleshoot IMAP Cache ->
Rebuild Cache"). After that, I tried synching with my Palm PDA. This resulted
in loads of questions where to put certain events (I'm using three calendars
in parallel - two accounts and one shared folder) and a whole bunch of
duplicated or triplicated events.

I ended up manually deleting all dupes (leading to several crashes, as listed
in issue2718). After that, all seemed to work again, however, I noticed that
the Calendar folder contained a *lot* more messages than before (almost three
times as many). As I couldn't find any more duplicate events, I had a look at
the IMAP folder itself on the server. To my surprise, I found that approx.
2/3 of all mails in that folder contained only one single line:

Now, I can probably delete all those, however, before I do so I wanted to ask
if anybody here has an idea what could be going on - or whether you would
like some additional information.

Regards,

Thomas

[0] the most annoying being that the Calendar did no longer show *any* events,
despite them clearly being present in the Calendar folder. Restarting did not
help, neither did rebuilding the cache. Removinf kmailrc and configuring
Kontact from scratch did not help, either. I had to remove korganizerrc and
reconfigure to get my events back in the end... Unfortnately, I accidentally
deleted the converted korganizerrc (i.e. from after starting proko35 for the
first time), however, I still have the original korganizerrc from proko2.1.11
if anybody is interested.