[Kolab-devel] Extending Kolab

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu May 22 11:14:58 CEST 2008

On Thursday 15 May 2008 15:07, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> writes:
> > On Thursday 15 May 2008 13:23, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> >> I think the only reason why people get the idea of storing such
> >> variables in the LDAP tree is because the "k=kolab" object already
> >> exists and is doing exactly this kind of thing. It was just never
> >> meant to scale to more than the kolab server core packages.
> >
> > Well it was meant to scale a bit further and it is a good idea.
>
> I certainly did not wish to imply it is a bad idea. Quite the contrary :)
>
> So far I just did not see a good suggestion on how plugin development
> for the Kolab Server could be made easy so that there will be a higher
> influx of code from the community.

Suggestion 1 was: More docs to help people what to do when developing an
addition.
Suggestion 2 was: Create a private OID space in the wiki, which people could
just register some OIDs for alpha/beta publishing of their extension.

I believe Alain already added some docs.
I slightly improved the wiki in that an OID search will be found now
(Actualy Hamish did the technical change, I just hit the problem.)

Bernhard