[Kolab-devel] distributionlists testing

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon May 19 10:28:40 CEST 2008

hi joon, hi gunnar,

@joon: once you have an idea how to solve this problem let us know on
the kolab-devel list...

@gunnar: to make distlists of current toltec versions work in horde,
we probably have to allow both MIME types
(application/x-vnd.kolab.distribution-list and
application/x-vnd.kolab.contact.distlist) as a distlist in horde.

i would welcome toltec to move towards kolab xml format standards, that means:

   o new toltec versions will store distlists with standard MIME type
     application/x-vnd.kolab.distribution-list

   o horde will be able to recognize and read distlists with MIME type
     application/x-vnd.kolab.contact.distlist

   o all clients try to migrate application/x-vnd.kolab.contact.distlist to
     application/x-vnd.kolab.distribution-list

DISCUSSIONS:

   o horde: smtp-address in distlists that are not in the same address
book will
     be auto-created as new contacts

   o toltec: link smtp-addesses in a distlist to existing contact
objects in same
     address book(?)

best and thanks for your work,
mike