[Kolab-devel] distributionlists testing

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri May 16 19:22:10 CEST 2008

hi gunnar,

Quoting Mike Gabriel <m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de>:

> hi gunnar,
>
> i would like to test your distlist code, but i am not sure how to set
> the jigsaw together.
>
> your external-horde script + patches (which?)???
>
> thanks for info,
> mike

yesterday, i faced an incompatibility problem between the horde
distlist code and the toltec distlist handling:

the kolab format demands this MIME type for distlists (as implemented
in the new horde code fragments):
application/x-vnd.kolab.distribution-list

toltec uses this MIME type... (??? this is not kolab xml format compliant !!!)
application/x-vnd.kolab.contact.distlist

additionally, toltec adds another attachment of the MIME type:
application/x-outlook-tnef

after decoding both toltec base64 encoded attachments, it seems like
the first (application/x-vnd.kolab.distribution-list) is fully kolab
xml format compliant (apart from the MIME type), and the latter adds
some binary stuff that helps to implement the full outlook address
book / distlist functionality into the kolab IMAP storage system.

thus for kolab, we have to adapt kolab to the toltec MIME type / agree
on a unique MIME type with the toltec people and see what happens, if:

   1. a horde distlist is synced into outlook/toltec (and viewed+edited+synced
      back)
   2. an outlook/toltec distlist is synced to kolab and viewed/edited with
      horde and again synced back into outlook/toltec

are there any toltec people listening to this thread???

best,
mike

--

das netzwerkteam
mike gabriel, hamburger chaussee 240, 24113 kiel

fon: +49 431 64 74 196
voip/voicemail: +49 431 643 643 6
fax: +49 431 64 74 276
mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de