[Kolab-devel] delprune setting in cyrus.conf

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 21:47:09 CEST 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 7:23 PM, Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> wrote:
> On Thursday 27 March 2008 22:29, Richard Bos wrote:
>  > Is period=1440 okay?  It could result in an expire command running during
>  > busy traffic hours (high load) on the server, which is not desired.
>
>  Good question, the comment in my file says that it is only necessary when
>  using duplicate delivery suppression, I do not think we do this anymore,
>  so maybe we should disable this line in total.

It does 2 things:
- remove any mail older than specified by the "expire" attribute (for mailbox
having the expire attributes set, this is useful for Spam folder)
- cleanup the deliver.db for entry older than 3 (this is the 3 in the
command line)

The "duplicate delivery" is useful when people create a loop in the
forwarding configuration.
I thing this should be always on.

Hope this help.

>  period=1440 means it runs every 24 hours, I wonder from where this is counted.
>  Cyrus imapd used to be restarted around midnight. Hmm anyway for expiring the
>  delivery suppression database this should be uncritical.

It start when cyrmaster start and then every 1440min

>  --
>  Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
>  Germany Coordinator: fsfeurope.org. Coordinator: www.Kolab-Konsortium.com.
>  Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, DE; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
>  Geschäftsführer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com
May the sources be with you