[Kolab-devel] [issue2568] Button to open certificate manager is missing from encryption key dialog

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Thu Mar 27 14:29:38 CET 2008

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

Kontact: 1.2.9 (enterprise 20080321.788244)

there is no button to open the certificate manager anymore
in the dialog where someone would select the key to encrypt to.

There is one in Proko2 2.2.12 and users report that people quite
often use this button to bring up kleopatra to find and import a few
certificates and come back to the dialog.
We should think about this uses case.

Till, was this a deliberate change to not include the button anymore?
Jan and I thought about it and believe that we'll need it.

To test:
* If you do not have an smime key: disable always encrypt to oneself
  in Settings->Email-> Security -> Message creation (or so).
* Try to send an encrypted email (smime) to some unknown email address
* The dialog comes up, button is missing.

assignedto: till
messages: 14228
nosy: bernhard, jan, ludwig, till, vkrause
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Button to open certificate manager is missing from encryption key dialog
topic: kde client, prokde35