[Kolab-devel] horde's fb generation script

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon Mar 10 10:45:22 CET 2008

hi gunnar,

Quoting Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de>:

> This is also possible using the Kolab free/busy concept. In fact your
> possibilities using the Kolab system are more complex since you can
> exactly specify which users/groups you give which type of access to
> the free/busy information. You can set if a folder is free/busy
> relevant or not.

this sounds great. i was not aware of this!!!

> Since I know your setup a little bit by now I just assume that you did
> not apply the required patches for that to your installation ;)

can you give any hint on where to find the necessary patches?

> Because the Kolab system is somewhat more advanced I also did not care
> too much about the Horde system for free/busy. In the end it would be
> nice if it would be possible to merge the two. But this is still a
> while away since I just started moving stuff over from Kolab CVS to
> Horde CVS.

OK!!!

> In general I wouldn't expect Kolab support for Horde free/busy in the
> near future.

OK!!! maybe the fb system in horde should then be disabled when used
with the kolab backend. instead there could be some info text that
points the horde user to use the native kolab free busy system...

> Cheers,
>
> Gunnar

best,
mike

--

das netzwerkteam
mike gabriel, hamburger chaussee 240, 24113 kiel

fon: +49 431 64 74 196
voip/voicemail: +49 431 643 643 6
fax: +49 431 64 74 276
mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de