[Kolab-devel] horde's fb generation script

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Mar 7 17:21:51 CET 2008

Mike Gabriel <m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de> writes:

> hi gunnar,
>
> i am facing another a problem with horde's fb.php script. here is my use case:
>
> WORKS
>
>    o create USER in my kolab address book, the user can be on my kolab
> server or
>      on any other exchange server
>    o add the USER's fb url into the according abook field (use the
> kolab freebusy
>    o create an event, add USER as attendee, the fb information of USER is shown
>
>    in this case the fb information is taken from kolab-freebusy cache (files on
>    the kolab server's filesystem, updated whenever an authenticated person
>    (owner, assistant) changes an event in the calendar.
>
> DOES NOT WORK
>
>    o create USER in my kolab address book, the user can be on my kolab
> server or
>      on any other exchange server
>    o add the USER's horde fb url into the according abook field
>    o whenever i try to retrieve the fb-vfb file of USER from the server:
>      (using https://server/horde/kronolith/fb.php?u=USER@server in my
>      webbrowser), the vfb file is empty (PEAR error when accessing the
>      kolab/cyrus share on the IMAP server (i guess we are not authenticated
>      here...)
>    o due to this, a PHP error is raised in attendees.php when adding USER as an
>      attendee:
>
>        Warning: parse_url() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in
>        /usr/local/share/_horde-versions_/horde3-webmail-1.1-rc1-netzwerkteam/\
>           lib/Horde/iCalendar/vfreebusy.php
>        on line 105
>
>      the given array is:
>
>        { [0]=>  array(0) { } }
>
> my question concerns the basic concept of freebusy generation in horde
> when using kolab.
>
> compared to kolab's current implementation of fbview the advantage of
> the horde fb.php script is that you can specify in kronolith prefs
> which folder (personal calendar folder or shared calendar folder)
> shall be included in horde's freebusy information.

This is also possible using the Kolab free/busy concept. In fact your
possibilities using the Kolab system are more complex since you can
exactly specify which users/groups you give which type of access to
the free/busy information. You can set if a folder is free/busy
relevant or not.

Since I know your setup a little bit by now I just assume that you did
not apply the required patches for that to your installation ;)

Because the Kolab system is somewhat more advanced I also did not care
too much about the Horde system for free/busy. In the end it would be
nice if it would be possible to merge the two. But this is still a
while away since I just started moving stuff over from Kolab CVS to
Horde CVS.

> however, i do not understand how the kolab events of a user or of a
> shared folder are accessed by someone with anonymous access (i.e.
> someone retrieving fb information). in kolab there is a calendar user,
> that has (read?) access to all calendar folders. is this user going to
> be introduced in horde's kronolith/kolab driver???

If that requires anonymous access this is something that will fail I
believe. As mentioned before this part within the Kolab drivers don't
work yet.

I'm also not going to work into this direction before Horde switches
to Horde4 internally since support for anonymous access would benefit
from some required structural changes that I'd like to get in first.

In general I wouldn't expect Kolab support for Horde free/busy in the
near future.

Cheers,

Gunnar