[Kolab-devel] binary packages issue : packages compiled on P4 dont works on PIII

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Mar 4 15:06:04 CET 2008

On Tuesday 04 March 2008 11:40, Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) wrote:
> But now, is the build process fully automated?

It is.

> If so, i would be pleased to provide a machine on which put a couple of
> scripts compiling, even each night, kolab for different architecture/cpus .

In principle this would be a nice addition.
Of course you need to be careful to not run into the issues mentioned
in the beginning of this thread: Subtle different CPU types.
Also: You would need to sign the packages and have the download space.

The OpenPKG people also have some build farms, so far we never found the time
to set this up to make use of this.

So it is more an organisational problem.
If you want to help: You are welcome!

Bernhard