[Kolab-devel] [issue2910] redundant definition of schemacheck in slapd.conf

Richard Bos kolab-issues at intevation.de
Fri Jul 18 15:59:02 CEST 2008

New submission from Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl>:

For kolab/issue1755 a patch was provided to resolv that particular issue.
A chunk in that patch uncomments the definition of schemacheck in file
slapd.conf.  To better track the progress for this, this issue is created.

The msg number in issue1755 is:
https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/msg15798

http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=slapd.conf&apropos=0&sektion=5&manpath=OpenLDAP+2.4-Release&format=html
> > schemacheck exists.  Is this debian specific that the parameter does not
exist?

> I don't see this parameter since openldap 2.0. And there, it is enabled by
default:

> schemacheck { on | off }
>               Turn schema checking on or off. The default is on.

More information at:
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200601/msg00009.html

It looks like schemacheck is on by default and can not be disabled.
As such the definition can be removed from slapd.conf.

messages: 15809
nosy: rbos
status: unread
title: redundant definition of schemacheck in slapd.conf