[Kolab-devel] [issue2844] Kontac hangs when selecting Calendar

T. Ribbrock kolab-issues at intevation.de
Tue Jul 1 10:34:44 CEST 2008

New submission from T. Ribbrock <itsef-admin at brightsight.com>:

I just ran into a problem with Kontact (814375): Out of the blue, Kontact
started freezing whenever I try to anything that is related to the Calendar,
like choosing Calendar view, ToDo view, clicking on a mail that contains an
invitation - doesn't matter what. Contrary to issue2457, removing "korganizerrc"
does not help.

Rebuilding the cache of the Calendar folder does not help, however, I got tons
of messages like this on the console:

[...]
QGArray::at: Absolute index 2280 out of range
[...]

It almost looks as if there is one for every event that's in the Calendar folder.

kontact --version
Qt: 3.3.8b
KDE: 3.5.9
Kontact: 1.2.9 (enterprise 20080602.814375)
(Kubuntu 8.04)

A "bt full" from gdb of the hanging Kontact is attached.

P.S.:  As the scenario is a bit vague, I'll leave this at "bug" priority

files: Hang_on_Calendar-gdb_full_bt-814375-2.txt
messages: 15466
nosy: itsef_admin
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Kontac hangs when selecting Calendar
topic: enterprise35
<https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue2844>