[Kolab-devel] Distribute Squirrelmail with kolab

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 18:25:07 CET 2008

Hi

Happy Christmas!

Openpkg team has integrated my patch to their squirrelmail package.
Now the package is plug&play! Install it and connect to
http://............../webmail/
and you are in.
For kolab I added an option "with_kolab" that make it more close to
kolab, but this require
my very small patch at https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue2366

The with_kolab option provide a config_local.php file dedicated to Kolab:
I put it at the end of the mail, here are some of the stuff :

- I use 'INBOX/{Trash,Sent,Drafts} folder and create it at first login
if missing.
- I dont use sendmail command to inject the mail, but prefer SMTP TLS
with PLAIN authentication (then postfix log are relevant)
- I have configured only email related plugins, the tiny calendar is
their but I things this is good tool
to locate an appointment in the time, users are no supposed to fill in
any entry.
- A user cannot send on behalf of another one (change is From: field)

I will collect any advice and submit changes to Openpkg team.

Gunnar, you can forget Horde, now that we have a far more reliable
webmail interface!

I joke :-)

May I expect Squirrelmail to be integrated into next kolab distribution ?

Regards.

<?php
/*
 * config_local.php
 */

$squirrelmail_default_language = 'en_US';
$default_charset = 'utf-8';

$imapServerAddress      = 'localhost';
$imap_auth_mech         = 'login';

$optional_delimiter     = '/';

$trash_folder           = 'INBOX/Trash';
$sent_folder            = 'INBOX/Sent';
$draft_folder           = 'INBOX/Drafts';
$auto_create_special    = true;

$useSendmail = false;
$smtpServerAddress = 'localhost';
$smtpPort = 465;
$use_smtp_tls = true;
$smtp_auth_mech = 'plain';

/* $encode_header_key      = 'ec708b484289'; */
/* $hide_auth_header       = false; */

$org_name = "Kolab";
$org_logo = SM_PATH . 'images/sm_logo.png';
$org_logo_width = '308';
$org_logo_height = '111';

$org_title = "Kolab";

$provider_name = 'Kolab';