[Kolab-devel] Kolab2 Beta3 install does not work at all

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jan 3 11:48:29 CET 2008

On Thursday 20 December 2007 17:02, ComCept Soliva wrote:
> absolulty agree....I'm also not a expert in shell scripting but what is
> from my point completly false is to define a script which is bash command
> based as !/bin/sh . You are absolutly right if you point to the
> circumstances that bash is not the correct shell to make a script portable
> to various Linux/Unix systms/os. The only way to do it -and from my point
> of view the correct way- is to use pure, flat sh commands.

That probably means the POSIX sh commands,
but this also might not be enough in some cases.

Andrea, did you open an issue for this already?
The OpenPGK environment used to be pretty Solaris aware it might be taking up
with them as well.

Gunnar, I believe you could easily do a test with ksh,
if it used to work before, we probably are pretty close of getting it work
again.