[Kolab-devel] freebusy CVS observation + questions

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Thu Feb 21 21:26:38 CET 2008

hi martin,

On Donnerstag 21 Februar 2008, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 21. Februar 2008 schrieb Mike Gabriel:
>
> Hi,
>
> > it does not seem possible to ACL-share cyrus folders if two people belong
> > to two different virtual kolab domains. example:
> >
> >   m.gabriel at sunweavers.net
> >
> > cannot access shares of
> >
> >   m.gabriel at moonweavers.net
> >
> > at least not in horde, the ACLs are simply dropped when i set them. i
> > haven't checked other kolab clients, but if this is intended, we are
> > pretty fine with the above issue!!!
>
> Currently cyrus imapd does not allow for cross domain ACLs.

this is great news (well, for some it probably is not..., but for this case it
is).

@gunnar: if you do not mind, i will write a patch for triggerFreeBusyUpdate
that takes advantage of this fact?

the plan is:

  o get the authenticated user, find out his/her mail domain
  o append this mail domain to "someone" for any folder that looks like
    user/someone/somefolder
  o then perform a http request to
    https:/my.mailserver.here/freebusy/trigger/someone at domain/somefolder.xpfb

mike

--

+++ das-netzwerkteam.de +++

mike gabriel, hamburger chaussee 240, 24113 kiel
fon: +49 431 64-74-196
fax: +49 431 64-74-276
voip/voicemail: +49 431 643 643 6
mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de