[Kolab-devel] [issue2482] debian kdepim patch 13_mimelib_self_contained.diff

Bernhard Herzog kolab-issues at intevation.de
Tue Feb 19 15:27:16 CET 2008

New submission from Bernhard Herzog <bh at intevation.de>:

The debian kdepim enterprise packages we build contain the attached patch
(13_mimelib_self_contained.diff).  With the patch, mimelib is linked against
libkdefakes_pic.a instead of libkdefakes.so.  There's a corresponding patch in
the debian kdelibs package ( kdelibs_3.5.5a.dfsg.1-8) that actually builds the
static library libkdefakes_pic.a in addition to the dynamic library.
Background: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=326113

The goal of the patch is to make mimelib independend of kdelibs so that programs
that require mimelib do not also require all of kdelibs.  I have found only one
program that apparently uses mimelib but is not a KDE program: lurker
(http://packages.debian.org/source/etch/lurker) and email archiver program.

So I'd say we should keep the patch in the enterprise debian packages to avoid
unnecessary differences with the vanilla debian packages.  What do the KDE
developers think? Would this patch even make sense in KDE?

assignedto: till
files: 13_mimelib_self_contained.diff
messages: 13713
nosy: bh, ludwig, osterfeld, pradeepto, till, vkrause
priority: feature
status: unread
title: debian kdepim patch 13_mimelib_self_contained.diff
topic: enterprise35, kde client