[Kolab-devel] wilde: server/perl-kolab/lib/Kolab Cyrus.pm, 1.2, 1.3

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Feb 15 07:49:02 CET 2008

Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl> writes:

> Op Thursday 14 February 2008 18:33:08 schreef cvs at kolab.org:
>>  Kolab::reloadConfig("/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.globals");
>
> How is this going to work on other distributions than openpkg?  I'm actually
> very disappointed to see such a commit without a accompanying warning stating
> that this has to be fixed for non openpkg distributions!
>
> Right now it -fully- neglects the community, nice Valentine present!
>
> ps: I understand that to make this update work correctly on non openpkg
> distributions requires quite some effort, adding an FIXME warning should
> therefor an automatic alternative.  It would be complete with sending an
> request to the devel ML to ask someone to implement the non openpkg part.

Maybe we should first inquire about the reason for the change :)

Of course, if the configuration is missing at that point this needs to
be fixed.

@sascha:

I guess this refers to the bug we talked about. But from the commit
I'm not quite clear why the configuration is missing at that point. I
guess you found a bug that I caused when I restructured perl-kolab.

A main point of that restructuring was to avoid any hardcoded paths in
perl-kolab since it is a library. We need to avoid this in libraries
for the reason Richard mentioned: It is not well portable.

So I required all scripts based on the perl-kolab library to call
Kolab::reloadConfig before they dive into the library so that the
necessary configuration will be available at that point.

So the question in the situation you tried to fix is: What is calling
create there? Is it any of the scripts in kolabd?

Cheers,

Gunnar