[Kolab-devel] [issue2474] "Favorite folders": Long delay in showing new mails automatically

T. Ribbrock kolab-issues at intevation.de
Wed Feb 13 11:35:51 CET 2008

New submission from T. Ribbrock <itsef-admin at brightsight.com>:

When I add some folders to the "Favorite Folders", new mails are not immediately
shown in the favorite view, i.e. I have had several times where the "real"
folder in the folder list would shown e.g. two new mails and the favorite none.
As far as I can see, the favorite will update eventually automatically, but it
takes quite some time (and hitting the "Check Mail In" button does not
accelerate this) - or one has to actually click on the favorite. This is rather
confusing, especially as it is not immediately evident to a user that the
favorites will update eventually, so they could think that the favorites do not
work properly.

kontact --version
Qt: 3.3.7
KDE: 3.5.8
Kontact: 1.2.4 (enterprise 20080201.769476)

on Kubuntu 7.10

messages: 13678
nosy: itsef_admin
priority: bug
status: unread
title: "Favorite folders": Long delay in showing new mails automatically
topic: prokde35