[Kolab-devel] I'm frustrated because my patches where not included in RC1

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 11:54:11 CET 2008

The subject is lying, but catched your attention :-)
I'm frustrated because I dont know _why_  they where not include in
the next release.

I thing someone from the Kolab Team should take actions about the existing
roundup's issue at https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab !

Existing roundup's issues should be:

- closed because: unrealistic, definitely not in the objective of software ...
- postponed to a future release; this imply the existence of a more
detailed road map.
- "incomplete"; the feature has some interest but need more work from
the contributors
to be scheduled in a future release.
- chatting; like too much issues in roundup now. After 6month without
update an issue
should be
- work in progress: someone from the kolab team is working on it.

The roadmap is incomplete. It include only some unclear objective for
the next release.
It should include more release, 2.3, 2.4, 3.0 ...
They are crucial points like the rewrite of the ldap structure to have
a better support of
multi-domain configuration (at least a separate contact list per domain),
and support for grey-listing and black-list. They are not in the schedule!

I will give you a sample of the consequence of your "hesitation".
One year ago (January 2007) jhf posted all the patches required
to include support for grey and black listing management in Kolab.
Some chatting followed until August 2007, I invested myself in
this discussion! But nothing until then! Why this crucial issue was
not, a least, updated until then ?
Some time ago someone filled some issue about the same
subject, I even didn't read them because I was sure they will not
have more consequence than the first one!

With a better respect of the rules above, the Kolab project could
get a better support from the users and from the contributor and
then become better.

I'm ready to read carefully your comment.

Regards

--
Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com