[Kolab-devel] bug in seperator and freebusy ?

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Fri Dec 12 09:59:40 CET 2008

Am Donnerstag, 11. Dezember 2008 22:37:21 schrieb Richard Bos:

Hi Richard,

> I assume because at the moment it is possible to get a folder hierarchy for
> regular folders, like:
>
> folder-A
>   folder-1
>   folder-2
> folder-B
>   folder-1
> etc
>
> But the shared folders are all shown in the folder-[AB] level not on
> folder-[12] level.  Currently it is like this:
> folder-A
>   folder-1
>   folder-2
> folder-B
>   folder-1
> shared.folder1
> shared.folder2
> shared.folder20

> I think that it would indeed be better that, like:
> folder-A
>   folder-1
>   folder-2
> folder-B
>   folder-1
> shared
>   folder
>   folder2
>   folder20

But folder-A and folder-B are below the INBOX namespace while folder1 is below
the shared Namespace. In your example

shared
  folder1
  folder2
  ---
  folder20

would not be distinguishable from folders

INBOX/shared/folder1
INBOX/shared/folder2

Basically this means that it must be clear that these folders are not
subfolders of the users INBOX but that they are shared/public folders.

In general there are three namespaces in Kolab.

1. personal namespace
These are all folders which are located below the users INBOX

- shared folders
There are folders which are made available to other users and groups using
IMAP ACLs. This namespace is indicated by "user/"

- public folders
These are folders created by an administrator which do not belong to any user.
Unfortunately these public folders are announces using the keyword "shared".

Yours,
-- martin

--
e r f r a k o n
Sitz: Adolfstraße 23, 70469 Stuttgart, Partnerschaftsregister Stuttgart PR 126