[Kolab-devel] [issue2983] Unknown: SECURITY PROBLEM: insecure server advertised AUTH=PLAIN

Gunnar Wrobel kolab-issues at intevation.de
Fri Aug 15 06:30:30 CEST 2008

New submission from Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:

We see this error rather often in the PHP related logs:

PHP Notice:  Unknown: SECURITY PROBLEM: insecure server advertised AUTH=PLAIN
 (errflg=1) in Unknown on line 0

This is caused by cyrus imap advertising AUTH=PLAIN on a line that is not SSL
secured. The cclient library inside PHP considers this a security risk and
issues the warning.

I believe I seen this going away on later Gentoo installation but I still need
to check if one of the involved applications did somehow get modified and if we
can get this for OpenPKG too.

assignedto: wrobel
messages: 16220
nosy: bernhard, martin, steffen, thomas, wilde, wrobel
priority: minor bug
status: unread
title: Unknown: SECURITY PROBLEM: insecure server advertised AUTH=PLAIN
topic: server