[Kolab-devel] Modifying the LDAP user representation for a distributed Kolab server system?

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Fri Aug 1 12:39:02 CEST 2008

* Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de> [20080729 14:05]:
> So let me suggest an alternative by using the existing
> "kolabHomeserver" attribute. Would it be okay to extend its syntax to
> allow for several settings like:
>
>   "example.org"
>   "MTA:smtp.example.org"
>   "IMAP:imap.example.org"
>   "FreeBusy:fb.example.org"
>
> The default would be the entry without "prefix:" but it would be
> possible to provide redirects for specific services.
>
> I don't suggest to directly add support for this in the various Kolab
> services we currently have as I don't see this as urgent. But if we
> define the syntax this way we could at least start supporting this for
> the more common splitted Kolab server setups.
>
> If I consider the point Bernhard mentioned recently concerning
> splitted IMAP storage per user it might also make sense to have a
> syntax like
>
>   "imap://USER:PASS@SERVER"

Do not make it look like URLs, otherwise you'll get confusion when
storing URLs, e.g. imap://user:pass@server vs. imaps://user:pass@server
I'd suggest somethink like IMAP=imap://... if you want to have URLs.

Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrueck - Register: Amtsgericht Osnabrueck, HR B 18998