[Kolab-devel] forwarding mails to external addresses

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 16:20:56 CEST 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Mike Gabriel
<m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:
> hi folks,
>

>  Quoting Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de>:
>
>  > Mike ahs been talking about something slightly different than
>  > forwarding within distribution lists. Did you try to create an
>  > addressbook entry in order to forward mails to external addresses?
>  >
>  > Cheers,
>  >
>  > Gunnar
>
>  thanks for all the info. i guess we are slightly discussing different
>  topics here.
>
>  what i simply want (and what works perfect with a manually adapted
>  postfix config for me) is to have a mail adress in my kolab-maildomain
>  "das-netzwerkteam.de", e.g. "gunnar AT das-netzwerkteam.de" and have
>  mails to this adress directly put through to e.g. gunnar's real
>  email-account AT pardus.de. i do not want to have a global/LDAP
>  address book entry for gunnar to make this work.

You request becoming more clear, become also less exotic :-)

>  i would favourize if this worked out of the box with kolab and also
>  with kolab-webadmin(!!!). currently, i always have to start my
>  LDAP-client application (gq) to add forwards to my kolab server.

Which kind of entry do you add ?
Isn't the same as I described previously ? (add an entry in the address book ?)

The only problem with that is that the address book is the same for all domains,
and shared between all users. This design is inherited from older
kolab and could only
change with kolab 3.x (They said no change in ldap tree in 2.X, to
keep compatibility).

Just add an 'hidden' attribute to addressbook entries and the relevant
ACL in the slapd access
should do the trick.

>  and i do not consider this as an exotic feature!!! it is part of my
>  customers' mailsystem's basic setups: enable former staff or students
>  to receive email under their old address although the email account
>  has already been purged from the server...
>
>  cheers to all,
>
> mike
>
>  --
>
>  das netzwerkteam
>  mike gabriel, hamburger chaussee 240, 24113 kiel
>
>  fon: +49 431 64 74 196
>  voip/voicemail: +49 431 643 643 6
>  fax: +49 431 64 74 276
>  mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de