[Kolab-devel] forwarding mails to external addresses

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sat Apr 5 23:16:10 CEST 2008

hi there,

will there be (or is there already) built-in support for mail
forwarding to external addresses? when people leave my server they
still want mails posted to their old address (on my server) to be
forwarded to their new address (on someone else's server). with my
former mailsystem i just added some mail forwards to LDAP and postfix
used LDAP as virtual lookup table.

i added this functionality to LDAP+postfix by some hacks, but it would
be much nicer (also for my customers who run their own kolab server)
if this could be configurable TTW (kolab-webadmin).

here is my postfix stanza:

(root at grimnir) {~} # cat /etc/kolab/templates/ldapforwarding.cf.template
KOLAB_META_START
TARGET=/etc/postfix/ldapforwarding.cf
PERMISSIONS=0640
OWNERSHIP=root:root
KOLAB_META_END
# (c) 2007 Mike Gabriel <m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de>
#
# This program is Free Software under the GNU General Public License (>=v2).
# Read the file COPYING that comes with this packages for details.

# this file is automatically written by the Kolab config backend
# manual additions are lost unless made to the template in the Kolab
config directory

#
# LDAP Forwarding support for postfix
#
server_host = @@@ldap_uri@@@
search_base = cn=forward,@@@base_dn@@@
query_filter =
(&(alias=%s)(&(!(kolabDeleteflag=*))(&(objectClass=kolabNamedObject)(objectClass=kolabInetOrgPerson))))
result_attribute = cn
result_filter = %s
search_timeout = 15
scope = sub
bind = yes
bind_dn = @@@php_dn@@@
bind_pw = @@@php_pw@@@
version = 3

???
mike

--

das netzwerkteam
mike gabriel, hamburger chaussee 240, 24113 kiel

fon: +49 431 64 74 196
voip/voicemail: +49 431 643 643 6
fax: +49 431 64 74 276
mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de