[Kolab-devel] KDE Kontact branches and new roundup keyword "proko2branch"

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Sep 10 12:11:56 CEST 2007

For all those that help us work on the technical problems
with the KDE client: We have just created a new keyword "proko2branch".

The reason is that this branch has become the "enterprise"-stable
branch is you run KDE 3.2 3.3 3.4 (and even for some 3.5) for a long while.
It is very conservatively driven and meanwhile
of course misses some features which have been developed in KDE35branch
after proko2branch was split of.
Originally "proko2" is a keyword for a limited project that ran in 2004
and is long concluded. We keep maintaining this branch
to be production ready, and we will continue doing so
as long as Kolab-Konsortiums' paying customers wants it.

Currently we have a project called "prokde35", which has a side effect
that we have split off the branch "enterprise35". This is becoming the new
branch for enterprise use when running the KDE Kolab Client on KDE35.
We do have some production-test users already, but we are also adding more
features. It is close to beta quality. If you are a packager or are willing
to take some risks for the new features, this is the version for you to try.

Best is to grab are the versions that are in the
http://apt.intevation.de/dists/etch/unstable/
directory, they went through some our our internal testing.

Back to the tracker and resolving problems:
a) Please report issues that are proko2branch specific with this keyword,
do not use keyword "proko2".
b) proko2branch is run very conservatively, we will not fullfill wishes
   or fix small problems if we can avoid it. Better report something against
   enterprise35.
c) Use "enterprise35" keyword to report problems and make sure to state the
   precise version that you had been testing.

Bernhard