[Kolab-devel] [issue1930] [kontact-enterprise] Crash on plugin initialization

Gunnar Wrobel kolab-issues at intevation.de
Mon Sep 3 07:05:00 CEST 2007

New submission from Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:

I'm not certain if I'm doing something basic wrong when trying to run
kontact-enterprise but so far I failed.

I followed the instructions given here:

http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/KDE_Kolab_Client#enterprise

and compiled it somewhere in my home dir.

When I try to run it with

KDEHOME="~/.kde-enterprise" kontact/src/kontact

it runs until

kontact (core): Plugging new_note
kontact (core): Added plugin
KCrash: Application 'lt-kontact' crashing...
ERROR: Communication problem with kontact, it probably crashed.

The backtrace is attached.

assignedto: till
files: kde-enterprise_init_backtrace-20070903.txt
messages: 11744
nosy: bernhard, bh, ludwig, osterfeld, till, vkrause, wrobel
priority: bug
status: unread
title: [kontact-enterprise] Crash on plugin initialization
topic: enterprise35, kde client