[Kolab-devel] Should we switch to one big bloated kolab package?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Oct 25 20:06:28 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 17 October 2007 10:45, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> I guess anyone that does packaging might consider this insane. At
> least the Gentoo developer part inside me is screaming "Sin! Sin!
> Sin!" :) But I nevertheless believe that the advantages really
> outweigh the disadvantage of having this one bloated package.

I believe the disadvantages outweight the advantages so far.

For all security updates we actually do update a set of packages
and we have done so for many Kolab Server releases as well,
it made upgrading much easier.

As for the ViewCVS clutter: I consider this problem minor.
If we were really annoyed by it, we would fix ViewCVS.
In the mid run, we will switch to a more modern revision system anyway.
Candidates are SVN and Mercurial.
(With Thomas favoring Mercurial, but integration in wald.intevation.de
is needed first.)

Bernhard