[Kolab-devel] Server 2.2.0b2 release doc remarks

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Oct 24 10:24:45 CEST 2007

While in the train back and forth to Munich,
I looked at some of the server 2.2.0-beta2 documents.
Here are my remarks:

release-notes.txt release-notes.txt,v 1.160 2007/10/19
* Should be longer and contain the previous release notes as well.
* Should mention that Horde might create load on the server
  which makes it recommendable to use a second server for this.

1st.README      README.1st,v 1.63 2007/10/19
* it is a "beta" not a "development snapshot" anymore.
* Why 2 GB free space?
* unclear about how the -i option works when there is a cdrom,
        the example shold be better.

install-kolab.sh
* missed information about authors, version and license
* probably should be 2.2.0-beta2 instead of
                Kolab version (KOLAB_VERSION):      2.2-beta2
* ignoring unknown options is bad style, at least issue a warning
        the script has
              *) # Unknown Option

General remarks:
* We should include hints for upgrading older servers.
  Especially from 2.0.4 to 2.2.0 will be interesting.

Best,
Bernhard