[Kolab-devel] [issue2117] kolabd and proftpd daemons stop for no reason

Jeremy kolab-issues at intevation.de
Mon Oct 22 03:05:52 CEST 2007

New submission from Jeremy <jeremy at xehqter.com>:

The kolabd and proftpd daemons stop for no reason, sometimes hours after their
started, sometimes minutes. If it’s relevant, I compiled kolab with the legacy
flag but don’t have the proftpd service enabled under services in webadmin.

I can’t figure out the cause, is there a way to increase the verbosity of kolabd
daemon? Is there another log I should check? I’ll assume if I recompile without
the legacy flag and remove proftpd it will solve my problem of kolabd shutting
down, but I thought I’d bring it up, in case it’s a bug.

The proftpd syslog log contains
Oct 21 20:11:39 localhost proftpd[21389] localhost: ProFTPD killed (signal 15)
Oct 21 20:11:39 localhost proftpd[21389] localhost: ProFTPD 1.3.1rc2 standalone
mode SHUTDOWN

Kolab syslog contains
Oct 21 20:11:39 localhost kolabd[21542]: Kolab is shutting down

/etc/init.d/kolabd start
 * Starting proftpd ...                                                   [ ok ]
 * Starting kolabd ...                                                    [ ok ]

messages: 12372
nosy: xehqter
priority: minor bug
status: unread
title: kolabd and proftpd daemons stop for no reason
topic: gentoo, kolab-2.1